Every once in a while, you have got to surprise yourself by whipping up a platter loaded greens and a simple sauteed chicken breast. And who knows, you may even enjoy it.
Every now and then, you gotta slam a dish down that is aimed at making your heart happy. Reminding those arteries that it’s not all extra cheese sauce and deep fried goodness. Every once in a while, you have got to really surprise yourself by whipping up a platter loaded with fresh organic greens and a simple sauteed chicken breast. And who knows, you may even enjoy it. It’s one of those crazy magical things. For one, you are being good to your body, and two, you are proving that eating a clean meal doesn’t have to be just naked chicken and brown rice. Who want’s naked chicken any way? That sound like torture. Skillet Mozzarella Chicken with Pesto.
Write this one off as your adult meal for the week.
Looking for more ways to make your chicken amazing? Don’t go for bland birds. Try these!
If you’ve tried my Skillet Mozzarella Chicken with Pesto, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW MEon Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella sliced (fresh mozzarella in liquid works best for this)
- 14 oz jar basil pesto
- 6 oz grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 cups organic greens
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and swirl to coat pan. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side, 160 degrees F. Carefully arrange the mozzarella over each piece of chicken, cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, allowing the mozzarella to melt.
- Meanwhile, toss half of the pesto with the greens and tomatoes in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Arrange on platters to serve, or serve family style from the bowl.
- Arrange chicken on plates and top with a spoonful of fresh pesto to serve.