Fast little hand pies perfect for toting around the tailgate – these quick fried Tex-Mex empanadas are stuffed with Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Kansas Style Brisket Burnt Ends, cheese, and other goodness and can be ready to devour in less than 30 minutes!
This Tex-mex Empanadas post is sponsored by Curly’s RoadTrip Eats – but it’s delicious and you should make it. Girls gotta pay the bills, but you’d better believe the foods still damned good.
The weather is starting to dip, the leaves are changing colors, and buses are backing up traffic – and that all means one major thing – it’s TAILGATING SEASON!
That’s right, fall football is on in full force and whether you are a die-hard fan, a college cheerleader, or a Phanatic (Philly fans got that joke), tailgating season is about more than just sitting on cold bleachers waiting for the halftime show. It’s about the pre-game anticipation, the community, and camaraderie, the fun – but most of all the portable drool-worthy eats!
Now, me, I like treating these celebrations like mini-marathons, pacing myself from nibble to nibble as I tour the eclectic offerings around the blacktop party zone. Picking up a handheld offering, biting in, savoring and moving on to sample the next. It’s a buffet of home made sweater weather perfection. And for this go around – my little quick fried Tex-Mmex empanadas are the perfect contender to the lineup.
Whipped up in under 30 minutes, with the crunch of a real fried empanada and a savory Tex-Mex seasoned filling these may take up two spots on your to-go platter. Using Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Kansas Style Brisket Burnt Ends made this a quick and easy meal with some added in bonuses, with the corn and cheese. I also did a batch with sweet potatoes and black beans cuz I was feeling sassy. And then I went back for seconds. But no one’s judging.
If you are looking for more Tex-Mex goodness, you’ve come to the right place! Check these babies out!
- Smoked Pulled Pork Stuffed Peppers
- Copycat Chi-Chi’s Chimichangas Recipe
- BBQ Eggs Benedict with Pulled Pork
If you’ve tried my Quick Fried Tex-Mex Empanadas or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Kansas City Style Brisket Burnt Ends
- ¼ frozen corn
- ½ onion diced
- 6 oz colby jack cheese cubed
- 2 refrigerated pie doughs thawed and ready to use
- Cilantro or Parsley for garnish
- Fill a sturdy dutch oven with enough oil to fry the empanadas, leaving at least 2 inches from the rim for safety.
- While the oil is heating, heat the Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Brisket Burnt Ends according to package and fold in the corn, onion, and cheese while hot.
- Roll out the dough and cut into circles. Your can get 5 or 6 out of each roll, re-rolling and working the scraps into additional. Put a teaspoon of the burnt end filling into the center of each. Dip your finger into clean water, and run it along the edge of each circle, then pinch each pocket closed, folding the sides in on each other and pressing gently with your fingertips to seal completely.
- When the oil is hot, carefully ladle 2 to 3 empanadas into the oil and fry 3 to 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and train on a wire rack over paper towels. Season with salt as they cool.
- Garnish with freshly snipped cilantro or parsley and serve.
See the Web Store for Quick Fried Tex Mex Empanadas