This Sausage Skillet dish isn’t for breakfast. Oven Roasted Sausage and Vegetables, tossed over pasta for a hearty meal that warms your soul.
But when I take 5 minutes to pull myself out of it and preheat the oven to the same darn temp, dinner can be exponentially better. And use up a pile of fresh veggies and make me feel like I’m being oh-so-much better to myself. You know, until I dump a pile of pasta over it all.
Now if only I didn’t have to do the dishes…
If you’ve tried my Oven Roasted Sausage Skillet with Vegetables recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
I love simple dinner meals. Try these out.
Oven Roasted Sausage and Vegetables
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup mushrooms baby bellas sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lbs chicken sausage of choice I used a parsley and cheese chicken sausage
- 8 oz pasta
- 15 oz jar red pepper alfredo sauce or sauce of choice if desired
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a large baking dish, toss the broccoli, garlic, onion, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Shake dish a bit to spread everything evenly in a single layer.
- Nestle the chicken sausage into the vegetables.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, carefully toss everything.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until veggies are roasted and sausage is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions in a large pot of salted water until al dente.
- Remove the roasting veggies from the oven. Place the sausage on a platter to rest.
- Toss pasta with sauce and add in the roasted veggies. Slice the sausage and stir in as well.