This Ham and Gnocchi skillet is a leftover loving dream. Something that’s not just cheese and pasta, not just more ham between two slabs of wonder bread. So Good, you’ll smoke a ham just to have this later in the week.
Leftovers is a word that can make even the most peppy people roll their eyes. After a big family feast, you really only want so many days with turkey sandwiches before you need a little variety.
Being creatively inspired for 20 or so pounds of leftover anything can drain on an individual as the days go by. But, it has to be done, so get all Bubba Gump on your leftovers and start thinking of ways to eat.
What to do with leftover Ham?
Bake it, broil it, barbecue, soup, sandwich and well, yeah, you get the idea. That’s exactly what this recipe for leftover ham and gnocchi skillet is. It’s a leftover loving dream. Something that’s not just cheese and pasta, not just more ham between two slabs of wonder bread. Something so good, I actually made it twice in one week.
- Fried Rice
- Ham salad
- Overnight Ham Strata (a favorite of mine)
- Heck I have a round up of some more leftover ham ideas
Make them want to eat the leftovers.
This recipe is also a perfect use for a ham steak dinner if you happy to be figuring out something to do other than my southern cola ham recipe.
If you’ve tried my Ham and Gnocchi Skillet recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
If I can take a single skillet and make a pasta dish filled with meat and cheesy goodness I am one happy camper. Try these out, so good!
- Oven Roasted Sausage Skillet With Vegetables
- Weeknight Skillet Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 cup cooked ham diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme rosemary and / or sage work well too!
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 17.5 oz potato gnocchi get sweet potato if you can find it!
- 1 cup peas if frozen, thaw first
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz Swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- In a large oven safe skillet over medium heat, melt the butter to coat the pan.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until softened, mushrooms have lost their liquid and are browning, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the ham and the garlic and cook 30 seconds longer, until fragrant.
- Whisk in the wine, scraping up and browned bits.
- Stir in the chicken broth and gnocchi. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peas and cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the cheese over top and place in broiler to brown.
- When cheese is melted, remove from oven and serve.