Big, bold and loaded with flavor. Exactly what your stir-fry should be. Plus, it has an egg on it. That makes it almost a health food. No matter what, it’s good eating.
Gather round. It’s a fake-out take-out kind of night, Moo Shu Pork style.
The good kind too. The kind that makes your local grab-and-go joint look like they don’t know dollars from doughnuts. And chances are they don’t. This is the Moo Shu Pork platter that every little kid dreamed of when eyeing up all the exotic and drool-worthy options the menu. It’s big, bold and loaded with flavor. Exactly what your stir-fry should be. Plus, it has an egg on it. That makes it almost like health food or something. No matter what, it’s good eating.
Dice up a little leftover pork loin, or grab some country-style pork ribs and get to whipping up this weeknight solution. All you need are some quick veggies and tortillas. No one is even going to miss their big bowl of rice (ok, toss that on if you feel like it). Heck, this Moo Shu Pork may even be good enough to impress the in-laws on a weekend get together. Worth a try, right? Just make sure to stop and grab some fortune cookies on the way home.
The rest, you have under control.
Who doesn’t love a good Fake-out Take-out. The kind that reminds you that you can in fact make that perfect food previously only found in a paper box. Yeah, this girl. Check these recipes out, and you might never leave the house.
If you’ve tried my Moo Shu Pork Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 lbs pork tenderloin, country ribs, whatever you have, diced into ½″ long thin strips
- 2 tbs sriracha sauce
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger grated
- ½ head cabbage sliced thin
- 1 carrot julienned
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 3 scallions green parts only, diced
- tortillas for serving heated
- Pat the diced pork with a paper towel to dry. With your hands, toss the pork in a bowl with the sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and allow to heat until just smoking. Cook the pork 3 to 5 minutes, stirring to cook all sides, until no longer pink. Remove from wok and tent with foil.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg until scrambled and set. Set atop the pork and cover again with foil.
- Add the mushrooms, remaining oil, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger, cabbage and carrot. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring to evenly spread the love. Add the pork and egg, along with any juices, back to the wok.
- Whisk the hoisin and sherry together in a small bowl. Pour over the stir-fry and toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and add in the scallions.
- Serve with tortillas and additional hoisin and sriracha sauce if desired.
Sign up to save all your favorite recipes!Yay, you saved!