This Maple Bacon Rye is a different breakfast drink, no girly umbrella needed. Heavy on the salt and rye. It will certainly wake you up in the morning.
Bacon is the candy of meats. There isn’t a meal made worse by adding bacon. It’s a topping, a side, a staple, and I’ve even been known to dip it in chocolate (which by the way, if you’re going to do, make sure the bacon is extra crispy). It should come as no shock that I’m shoving it in a cocktail now too. A breakfast cocktail no less… So go on, let your curiosity get the best of you. This drink is different, no girly umbrella needed. Heavy on the salt and rye. This drink could put hair on your chest. It will certainly wake you up in the morning.
And possibly put you right back to bed.
If you’ve tried my Maple Bacon Rye cocktail, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 2 oz Maple Flavored Rye Whiskey
- 1 strip thick cut bacon cooked, some broken into pieces to stir in
- Place a few bacon crumbles in glass with ice.
- Pour whiskey and orange juice over top and give a good stir.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh bacon on top.
- *If you're going to serve this with a straw, I would leave out the bacon crumbs.
God, I love bacon. Eat, Drink and fry some more. Then have another with breakfast. Do it.