There I was, staring down the dinner table with nothing prepped. Not a single thing ringing my bell or a craving to be had. Inspiration was no where in sight. Lucky for me, there was a little of this, and a little of that looking for some love in the fridge. And from those scraps these epic Apple-Brat Burger Recipe for two were born. I knew there was a reason those brats were there.
Grab some slaw. Let’s go.
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 2 tbs dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbs unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbs onion minced
- 1/4 teas ground sage
- 1/4 teas ground black pepper
- 1/8 teas freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 oz ground pork
- 4 oz ground turkey
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 teas cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded green apple
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbs raisins
- salt and pepper
- Whisk the Greek yogurt with the cider vinegar, green apple, carrot, red cabbage, and raisins. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, bread crumbs, applesauce, onion, sage, pepper, nutmeg, brats, and ground turkey. Mix with your hands to combine. Shape into 2 large patties.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and clean grate.
- Grill the patties, 14 to 18 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, flipping once, halfway through cook time.
- Top with creamy slaw and serve on toasted buns.