This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
This weeknight chicken and broccoli Stromboli recipe takes pizza night and folds in back in on itself. Now we’re talking!
Pizza. It’s 99% of the populations go to food – that’s a fact. (one I completely made up) Everything about the dough to cheese to sauce ratio is perfect. Then you take it and slap it in half making a giant pizza pocket with none of the filler? Oh… now we’re talking. That’s exactly what this weeknight chicken and broccoli stromboli recipe does. It takes pizza night and folds in back in on itself. A pizza pocket, no. This is a meal that 40 seconds of prep work on a Sunday, will make your work week so much better. And even if it doesn’t run better, this still tastes pretty awesome cold for those mornings when you are really really late. Make your moorings better.
Don’t be late.
If you’ve tried my Chicken and Broccoli Stromboli recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Weeknight Chicken and Broccoli StromboliPrint Pin Rate
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 head broccoli roughly chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 lbs cooked shredded chicken or turkey
- 1 tbs Italian Seasoning mix
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 8 ounces mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F - or as per the directions for your dough. Make sure to preheat your pizza stone if using.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the water and the broccoli and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the seasoning and chicken. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- On a piece of parchment paper, spread a bit of olive oil around (or use a baking sheet).
- Stretch and press the dough into 2 8" squares.
- Fill the center with a bit of cheese, topped with the chicken mixture and then with a dollop or two of ricotta and a little more mozzarella.
- Fold the dough over and pinch shut. Tuck the seam and sides under to seal. Cut two or three small holes in the top to vent steam.
- Bake until golden brown all over, about 15 minutes, or according to your dough's instructions.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE