Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
Ingredients – 1 cup Head Country All Purpose Marinade plus ½ cup – 3 lbs chuck roast beef – 1 tbsp Salt – 2 tbsp cooking oil – ¼ cup Red Wine – 2 tbsp Onion flake – 2 cloves Garlic minced – ½ tsp Black pepper – 1 tsp Parsley – ½ tsp Chives – 3 cups Beef Broth – ¾ cup Pepperoncinis sliced
1. In a gallon-size resealable bag, pour the Head Country All Purpose Marinade over the beef. 2.Mix it around to coat well. 3. Seal the bag and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.
4. When ready to cook, remove the beef from the marinde and pat dry. 5. Season the beef liberally with salt on all sides. 6. Set your Insta-pot to the Sear setting and add the oil. 7. Add the beef and brown on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
8. Add the wine and using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits on the bottom.
9. Add the onion flakes, garlic, black pepper, parsley chives, and beef broth. 10. Top with the pepperoncinis.
11. Set the instant pot to pressure cook for 45 minutes. 12. Vent the steam naturally for 15 minutes, manually releasing any steam after that. 13. Let the beef rest for 5 minutes.
14. Using 2 forks, shred the beef in the juices, discarding any large portions of fat, if needed. 15. Serve the shredded beef hot over mashed potatoes with fresh pepperonis on top.