This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Is it possible to make chicken wings in a slow cooker and not have them turn out gummy and gross? Can we still get that crisp skin and perfect bite? You bet we can! And this recipe is a perfect one for just that! Pop these babies in the slow cooker and let it do the work while you draft that football league.
Rumor has it people like to nibble on some savory bites while watching the game. Chances are if you have found yourself here, you are indeed one of those people or looking for (and maybe also feed them).
Well guess what, these sweet chili chicken wings are some of my favorite game-day snacking. All sorts of slow cooker simple, and once you make them you may never run out to the local yellow buffalo joint again. Change up the flavors and spice to keep your guests on their toes. But these sweet chili wings should stay in the rotation. They are kinda sorta that good.
Call in the team.
What you need for these wings
Three. Yep. You read that right. Well, ok, besides the wings. You need those too or the whole point is mute.
But really, all you need is soy, honey, sriracha. It’s a magical combo that flavors these wings and stays locked in when you pop them under the broiler to crisp up that perfect skin.
Want more game day inspiration? Try some of my wing recipes
If you’ve tried these wings or any other recipe on the site please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below.
I get inspired by your feedback and comments! Join in on the adventures on Instagram @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- Chicken broth if needed
- 4 lbs chicken wingettes and drumettes
- Whisk the soy sauce and honey together in a large slow cooker. Nestle the chicken in a single layer and pour chicken broth over top to cover if needed.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to broil, and carefully remove the chicken wings from the slow cooker and arrange on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil in a single layer.
- Broil the chicken until crispy, about 5 to 10 minutes, flipping as needed to get all sides crispy.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE