Spicy jalapeño popper dip as a topping on a hearty beef sandwich? This tailgating recipe for Jalapeño Popper Roast Beef Melts just kicked things up a notch!
This post was sponsored by Prime Fresh, and the giveaway is pretty epic, so be sure to check it out.
Sure, we love jalapeño poppers. They are pretty much the all-time Americana tailgating snack food. The heat from the pepper combined with the creamy cheese filling is a perfect rush of senses.
I’ve smoked jalapeño poppers before, and let me tell you, they were amazing that way. So when the folks at Prime Fresh came to me talking tailgate food for their new lunchmeat brand, my brain kicked into overdrive on how I could make everyone’s favorite snack into a mouth-watering beefy sandwich.
Prime Fresh is a new lunchmeat by Smithfield, and I have been working with them all year to get the word out on the brand. With the quality of Smithfield, you can now shop the refrigerated meat case (near the bacon) any time of day for lunch meats in resealable bags, to keep the freshness longer! The bags make storing leftover lunchmeat easy and perfect for packing and taking anywhere, like your favorite tailgate party!
On to the roast beef melts!
With my spicy inspiration on lockdown, I set out to make the best jalapeño popper beef melt I could. It came down to amazing buns, the kind you know can hold a pound of meat. Then thick folds of hearty roast beef. Followed by crisp bacon, thin red onion, and fresh tomatoes. All topped with cheesy spicy hot jalapeño popper dip!
Bonus: Prime Fresh, America’s fastest growing Lunchmeat brand, is hosting a Tailgating Sweepstakes where you can enter to win $5000 through November 4th 2018. That’s right, $5,000 could be yours! Just click through to enter to win! (Ps, if you win, make this sandwich at your celebration party and be sure to tag me!) (PPS, I am kinda not kidding. 😉 )
If you’ve tried my Jalapeño Popper Roast Beef Melt recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Jalapeño Popper Roast Beef Melts
For the Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup mayo
- 3 oz diced green chiles drained and minced (about half of a 7oz can)
- 2 slices bacon cooked until crispy and chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 oz cheddar cheese
For the Beef melts:
- 8 fresh soft deli rolls
- 4 lbs Prime Fresh Roast Beef
- 16 slices thick cut bacon cooked and drained
- Green leaf lettuce
- Red onion sliced thin
- Tomato if desired
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
For the Jalapeno Dip:
- Mix the cream cheese, mayo, diced green peppers, bacon, and garlic into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add about half of the shredded pepper-jack cheese.
- Spoon into an oven safe baking dish and top with the remaining pepper-jack and cheddar cheese.
- Bake until bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- With the dish still in the oven, turn the oven to broil to brown the cheesy top layer, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes.
For the Sandwiches:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toast the buns.
- If desired, spread a thin layer of mayo on the bottom bun. Add the green leaf lettuce, and large folded piles of lunch meat.
- Place the red onion, tomato, and bacon on top.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of the jalapeno popper dip onto the remaining bun top and cover to coat. Add more jalapeno dip if desired.
- Top the sandwiches and secure with a toothpick.
- On a clean baking sheet, slide the sandwiches into the oven just to warm everything and melt the dip over the beef a little more.
- Serve with all your favorite sides and enjoy.
Bookmark this recipe now!Save Recipe Bookmark