This bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken is one of my favorite quick and easy recipes when I am looking for something filling to impress company!
Today is one of those days where there’s a lot going on behind the scenes in the meat labs. I am prepping for a bunch of companies and just need a night where I want something quick and loaded with flavor.
Luckily, stuffed chicken is one of those picture-perfect recipes that always tastes amazing. Any time you stuff and wrap anything in bacon, it looks like it belongs on a plate at a 5-star restaurant. But this is one of those chef secrets from behind the scenes. Using Hidden Valley Restaurant-Style Ranch packets mix to whip up a fresh dressing – and then using it in ways you totally wouldn’t expect.
Like locking the moisture into chicken breasts and a fun layer of unexpected flavor.
I love this chicken because it’s SO flavorful. And it sneaks in bonus veggies because everyone will eat ANYTHING bacon-wrapped so I pack it with spinach and artichokes. Add mushrooms too if you’re feeling wild and crazy. It’s such an easy recipe and a total show stopper.
What you need to make this recipe:
This is a quick and easy recipe with a few pantry staples.
- Canned artichokes, drained well
- And the fixins for a fresh batch of fresh ranch dressing;
- Sour cream
- Hidden Valley Restaurant-Style Ranch dressing
- Garlic, chives, and paprika
- And some handy toothpicks
How to make this bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken:
This chicken can be made in a few fast steps.
First, whip up the Hidden Valley Restaurant-Style Ranch dressing. This can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Wilting the spinach only takes a few minutes, and then when ready to assemble, have toothpicks ready to go.
Make sure to arrange the bacon on a clean work surface and have a baking sheet ready to place the wrapped chicken onto. This will help you work smoothly and safely while handling raw chicken. Stuff the chicken, fold it and wrap it in bacon then transfer it to the baking dish to cook in the oven.
Make sure to temp the chicken to check for doneness. Chicken breasts should be cooked to 165 degrees F, checked with an instant-read thermometer.
Cooking Chicken Q’s
How to tell when my chicken is ready?
Everyone struggles to tell when chicken is ready. Hidden under the bacon, you can’t visually see that it’s done, and because we want to make sure it’s safe, we can’t rely just on our eyes. Use a digital thermometer. Be sure to not poke the thermometer past the chicken and into the filling, but into the meat of the chicken. And temp the chicken safely to 160 degrees F.
What to serve with stuffed chicken?
I love pairing these chicken breasts with a hearty salad, like this Italian chopped salad, and some light angel hair pasta or rice. The chicken has plenty of flavors so there is no need for any extra sauce! Just invite your company to slice the delicious chicken over the pasta and mix everything together.
What else can you do with the leftover ranch dressing?
I love reinventing leftovers! And when you whip up a batch of the Hidden Valley Restaurant-Style Ranch you will have leftovers. You can use these as a dip for veggies for snack time or get creative with it. Using the leftover dressing for chicken salad is delicious! Another favorite use of mine is on salmon. I put a thin coat over it before baking the salmon and it gets hits every time! Such an easy and fun recipe.
Be sure to store the leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 or 4 days.
More easy chicken recipes
- Spiced Curry Kabobs with Coconut Turmeric Rice
- Easy Arroz Con Pollo
- Weeknight Easy Pan-Seared Chicken Thighs
- Sheet Pan Baked Chicken and Potatoes
If you’ve tried my Bacon Wrapped Chicken or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below.
I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also join in on the adventures on Instagram @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Ranch Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
For the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Buttermilk Recipe Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chives minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika optional
For the Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ onion minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup artichoke hearts chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella shredded
- ½ cup parmesan shredded
- 1 lbs bacon
- Whisk the mayo, sour cream, and buttermilk together in a bowl.
- Add the Hidden Valley Restaurant Style Ranch Seasoning Mix, garlic, chives, and paprika.
- Whisk to combine.
- Split the chicken breasts along the middle.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the onion and soften 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fold in the spinach and cover to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once wilted, remove from heat.
- Stir in the artichokes and ½ cup mozzarella, 4 tbsp of the Hidden Valley Restaurant Style Ranch dressing, and ¼ cup parmesan.
- Dollop the spinach mixture into the center of each chicken breast.
- Fold the chicken over. You can use toothpicks to hold it together if needed.
- Spread tablespoons of the buttermilk ranch dressing over each chicken breast to coat.
- Wrap the chicken in 2 to 3 strips of bacon.
- Place the bacon-wrapped chicken, seam side down onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over the chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken reaches a temperature of 160 degrees using an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Bookmark this recipe now!Save Recipe Bookmark