Need a filling and delicious dinner this week? Try a Garlic Chipotle Double Down Burger tonight!
Some nights all you want to do is come home and sit on your butt with a strong drink in your hand. If you were lucky, you may have stopped at the quick mart on the way home and picked up the last pack of mozzarella sticks. In my case, they may have been out of deep fried cheese which meant I was lost to my own fridge to scavange something together.
Lucky for me it was 10 times better than anything deep fried and left under the hot lamp at the closest gas station. We all know it’s always better when it’s home made any way.
So take that.
Weeknight Garlic Chipotle Double Down Burger
- 1 lbs ground chuck 80%
- 1/2 teas pepper
- 1 1/2 teas Fiery 5 Pepper Spice seasoning
- 1 teas garlic salt
- 2 tbs butter
- 6 slices chipotle cheese
- 3 buns
- chipotle mayo
- lettuce tomato, red onion, pickles and other desired toppings
- Mix the ground chuck with pepper and hamburger seasoning. Form into 6 thin round patties. Liberally sprinkle the patties with garlic salt.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and swirl to coat the pan. Add the patties and cook 5 to 7 minutes, flipping once. Add cheese on top of each patty and cover. Let cook until cheese is melty about 1 minute longer.
- Serve double stacked on toasted buns with lettuce, tomato, pickles, red onions and chipotle mayo.
Bookmark this recipe now!Save Recipe BookmarkSaved Recipe!
This burger looks OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD.
Oh goodness me!! I’m speachless- that looks incredible, I’m definately making burgers this week!!
This looks great! Found it on pintrest. We definitely do burgers once a week because of the easy convience. I usually do s&p and some fresh chopped spinach and parsley. My family hasn’t figured out the difference between both green items. I love getting another green item in them. Will try yours very soon. I love the idea of kicking the spices and cheese up.Great blog.
I cannot recall the last time I had a substantial double burger, ya know that wasn’t super thin? Cause that doesn’t really count. And just look at that melty cheese!
yeah, apparently this is as thin as I can make them. 😉 I looked at the patties and was like they are so tiny… then I cooked them and realized they were still freakin huge
Um, yes! I’m thinking this needs to be my reward dinner after my 9 mile run coming up on Saturday