This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
It’s time to lets the slow cooker pull its weight around here. Toss a few simple ingredients in the slow cooker, chop the salad and chow down on this killer Slow Cooker Hoisin Sliders with Sriracha Kale Slaw for your next big game day party.
Anyone else freakin’ love their slow cooker? I am an addict, as probably evident by the 7 or so crockpot’s I currently have in various storage areas of my life. Here’s the thing, I love to cook (duh), but somedays I just don’t want to think about it. That’s when I bust out the big guns, my slow cooker. True story, my kitchen is probably 7 feet wide, including all of the cabinets, making for a 3×3′ area that I work in with two large dogs underfoot and one tiny sink. Every now and then I just need to step out of that zone and take time away from it all.
So, I pop everything in and go outside to enjoy life or anything but stand in my kitchen for a moment longer. Even if it’s just an afternoon on the deck with the company, get out of the kitchen while the slow cooker works its magic. It’s like my secret ace up my sleeve. The slow cooker pops in all the flavor while I smile and sit back with a cocktail.
When entertaining, besides grilled specialties and easy cheese trays, I always have all (yes, all) of my slow cookers on full blast handling everything froup dips to dessert. It makes feeding a ton of people totally manageable and cleanup is a breeze. Seriously, embrace the slow cooker. It’s my kitchen BFF (ok, right after my good knives).
Let’s chat flavors for a minute. Since being introduced to hoisin a few years back, I am convinced it’s one of the best flavors out there. It’s essentially a Chinese style barbecue sauce perfect for long braises and slow cooking. If you have a house filled with classic meat and potato sort of eaters, sneak in this recipe for hoisin slow cooker chicken to test out the waters and see the reaction. This recipe for slow cooker hoisin sliders is perfect for big crowds when you don’t want to serve the same pulled chicken again and again. (Bonus, this hoisin chicken is great in tacos, on rice bowls, as quesadilla stuffing, and nacho toppings too!)
If they dig it, give these recipes a try too:
Now, let’s get spicy with these Slow Cooker Hoisin Sliders with Sriracha Kale Slaw.
Slow Cooker Hoisin Sliders with Sriracha Kale Slaw
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teas freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbs honey
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless skinless
- salt and pepper
For the Sriracha Kale Slaw
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 2 cups kale stemmed and chopped
- 1 apple cored and chopped
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1/2 onion sliced thin
- 1 teas honey
- 1 - 2 tbs sriracha
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Sesame Seed Buns
- Whisk the sesame oil, ginger, garlic, honey, and hoisin sauce in a small bowl. Arrange chicken in a slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Pour the hoisin mixture over top. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- When done, shred the chicken in the sauce and toss to combine.
For the Slaw
- Meanwhile, make the slaw. Combine the chopped cabbage, kale, carrot, and apple in a large bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt. Whisk the honey, sriracha, vinegar, and pepper together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the kale and toss. Toss the slaw again before serving to assure that everything is mixed well.
- Serve the shredded chicken along side the slaw with slider buns for guests to create their own sliders.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE