Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches, easy, indulgent, and can make your crowd of sports fans fat kid happy without spending all day by the BBQ pit.
I was driving about the other day, mid meat coma while drooling on my steering wheel and wondering how I was going to make it home when an unfortunate cow stepped out in front of my car. Luckily for me, my Bond like reflexes saved the car. Then, I was struck by the notion that I still has some fresh home made sliced beef waiting for me at home. (That’s what ya’ll think right after nearly hitting large food animals, right?) I hurried home and discovered that I was in the mood for a purely indulgent lunch.
Something no diet trend would allow. Something slathered with sauce and oozing with cheese. And something my boyfriend would be horrified by if he found me alone in the kitchen with.
A BBQ Sandwich to end all Sandwiches.
No, I wasn’t feeding a herd of hungry game day spectators. This one was solo and just for me.
But no one needs to know, right?
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- 3 - 4 lbs sliced roast beef
- 1 16 oz jar BBQ Sauce
- 12 hoagie rolls sliced
- 1 - 2 red onions sliced 1/4" thick
- 24 cheddar cheese slices
- Place sliced beef in slow cooker and stir in barbecue sauce to coat. Let heat through on low for 2 or 3 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, preheat a grill. Arrange cheese, beef with sauce, and red onions on each roll. Wrap tightly in aluminium foil and place on grill. Cook until headed through, and cheese is melted. (You could also use a toaster oven).
- Top with additional barbecue sauce if needed. Slice in half and serve with additional paper towels. This is too sloppy a sandwich for weak napkins.
You seriously can’t mess this one up. Dust off your slow cooker and get ready to eat hearty.
Bring on the Sunday crowd!