Down and dirty finger food needs to happen every now and then and Chorizo Nachos are perfect.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 10 oz pork chorizo found in the refrigerated Mexican section of the market
- ½ onion diced, plus a few slices for topping
- ½ red pepper diced
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- Tortilla chips
- ¾ cup shredded cheese cheddar, pepper jack, or your favorites
- scallions jalapenos, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and any other toppings you may want
In a large oven safe skillet over medium heat, cook the chorizo until almost done. Add the onions and peppers and cook 3 minutes longer. Add the mushrooms and cook 2 more minutes. You should have cooked chorizo, and soft veg. Stir in the beans. Remove from heat.
Preheat the broiler. Carefully, spoon the chorizo mixture into a bowl.
Place a layer of tortilla chips in the now empty skillet. Top with a layer of the chorizo mixture and cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortilla chips and chorizo mixture. Top with sliced onions and more cheese.
Place under broiler until cheese has just melted. Serve with desired toppings, plates that are too tiny, and a wad of paper towels.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1012mg | Potassium: 528mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 15.7mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2.4mg