Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
Succulent pulled chicken in a zesty broth with fire roasted tomatoes, spicy chipotle sauce, and a bit of punch from freshly squeezed lime juice all ready to make the best tacos in 20 minutes with your pressure cooker! Taco night couldn't be easier.
For the Shredded Chicken Filling:
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ Head Country Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 14 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- ½ poblano pepper
- 3 tbsp canned diced green chiles drained
- 1 lime
For the Tacos
- Jalapenos sliced
- Avocado sliced
- Pickled red onion
- Fire-roasted corn
- Diced cherry tomatoes
Prep the chicken
Place the chicken in the instant pot and toss with the Head County Bar-b-que sauce, fire-roasted tomatoes, broth, onion, garlic, poblano peppers, and canned chiles.
Set the pressure cooker to 12 minutes and allow it to cook.
With 2 forks, shred the chicken into small bite-sized pieces.
Squirt the juice of one lime over the chicken and stir.
Assemble tacos and Serve
Assemble your shredded chicken tacos by using a slotted spoon to drain additional juices from the chicken before filling tortillas.
Top with desired toppings like sliced jalapenos, avocados, pickled red onion, crumbled fresh cotija, fire-roasted corn kernels, and cherry tomatoes.
Drizzle additional chipotle BBQ sauce over top if you’re feeling feisty.
- If you don't have chicken breasts, chicken thighs work perfectly in this recipe as well.
- Forgot to thaw the chicken? Cook right from frozen! Just be sure to add 5 more minutes to the pressure cooker time.
- If you open your pressure cooker and find the chicken not easily shredded, shut the lid and cook for another 4 minutes.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 352IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg