Tennessee Whiskey Pork Chops
Ingredients – ½ cup whiskey or bourbon – ½ cup apple cider – 2 tbs light brown sugar packed – 4 tsp apple cider vinegar – 1 tbs Dijon mustard – ½ tsp vanilla – ⅛ tsp cayenne – 4 8 – 10 oz bone in pork chops about 1″ thick – salt and pepper – 2 tsp vegetable oil – 1 tbs unsalted butter
1. In a small bowl, whisk the bourbon cider, sugar, 2 teas vinegar, mustard, vanilla, and cayenne. 2. Measure out ¼ and transfer to a large resealable bag. 3. Add the pork chops and turn to cover. Let marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Reserve the remaining bourbon mixture for later. 5. When ready to cook, pat the pork chops dry, season with salt and pepper 6. Discard the marinade in the bag.
7. Preheat a large skillet with the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. 8. Place the chops in the skillet 2 at a time and cook until well browned, about 6 to 8 minutes on each side. 9.Move to a plate and cover to keep warm.
10. In the now empty skillet, add the reserved whiskey mixture. 11. Scrape up any browned bits and bring to a boil. 12. Cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
13. Reduce the heat to low and add any juices from the chops to the pan, along with the remaining 2 teas vinegar, and butter. 14. Allow to simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. 15. Remove from heat.
16. Return the chops to the pan, and flip to coat. 17. Allow the chops to rest for 5 minutes in sauce before serving.
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!