Smoked Beef Tenderloin
Ingredients – 1 beef tenderloin 2 to 3 lbs, trimmed and tied – 2 tbsp Olive oil – 1 tbsp Tony Chachere’s Bold Blend – 1 recipe Smoked Crab Imperial
1. Prep your smoker for offset heat, building a fire to one side of the smoker and maintaining a temperature around 250. 2. Trim your tenderloin as needed and tie it off every 1” to 1 ½” to help the beef maintain its shape while cooking.
3. Rub with olive oil and then coat the entire tenderloin with an even coating of Tony Chachere’s BOLD blend. 4.Place the beef on the cooler side of the grill. 5. Smoke the tenderloin in a smoker set to 250 – 300 for 1 hour until temp reads 120 with a digital thermometer.
6. Sear the beef evenly on all sides by either moving the beef to a preheated grill, or to a large griddle/skillet that has been heated over medium-high heat. 7. Rotate the beef to ensure even browning on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
8. Remove from heat and wrap with a double layer of foil and allow the beef to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
9. Slice into 1" thick portions and serve, top with rich crab imperial and serve with seasonal veggies. 10. Garnish with freshly minced parsley, if desired.