Ingredients – 8 rosemary fresh sprigs – 1 egg lightly beaten – ½ cup bread crumbs Seasoned or plain – ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated – ¼ cup parsley fresh snipped – ¼ cup milk – 1 tsp Italian seasoning – 1 tsp salt – ¼ tsp ground pepper – 1 lbs ground beef Lean works well – 12 oz Italian sausage spicy or mild according to taste – 4 cups water – 8 cloves garlic unpeeled, crushed
for the Rosemary Mac and Cheese – 6 oz pasta – salt and pepper to taste – 2 cups milk – 1 rosemary stalk plus1 tbs chopped rosemary – ½ cups Velveeta cheese diced – 4 oz creamy chevre – 2 oz Parmesan cheese grated – 2 oz fontina cheese grated
Instructions 1. Combine the rosemary sprigs in a bowl with just enough water to cover. Let sit for 2 hours. 2. Combine the egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper min a large bowl.
3. With your hands, stir in the ground beef and sausage. Mix well to combine. Shape into 16 meatballs. 4. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
5. When ready to cook, toss the rosemary sprigs with wood chunks in your smoker and preheat. Add water to a drip pan with the crushed garlic according to manufacturers directions. 6. Cook meatballs for 1 and a half hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
7. Meanwhile, boil the pasta and drain in salted water for al dente noodles per the instructions on the box. 8. Heat the milk in a large sauce pan with the rosemary stalk over medium heat. Add the Velveeta and stir gently to melt.
9. Remove the rosemary after 7 to 10 minutes, when the Velveeta is melted through. Stir in the remaining chevre, Parmesan, and fontina until melted. 10. Add the chopped rosemary and allow to thicken 5 to 8 minutes over a low simmer. Season with pepper and pour over prepared pasta. Toss to coat.
11. Serve rosemary-smoked meatballs over creamy rosemary mac and cheese for extra umph!