Pulled Pork Rolls with Alabama bbq Sauce
Ingredients – 3 cups flour – 1 teas salt – 1 tbs baking soda – 1 teas fresh thyme chopped – ¼ teas ground sage – ½ teas coarse ground black pepper – ½ cup butter cold and cut into ¼” cubes – 1 cup milk – 2 packages Curly’s BBP Pork Belly thawed – 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
For the Alabama Sauce – ½ cup mayo – ¼ cup apple cider vinegar – 1 teas spicy mustard – ½ teas salt – ¼ teas ground black pepper – ⅛ teas onion powder – ¼ teas cayenne – ⅛ teas ground white pepper – 1 teas horseradish – 1 teas Worcestershire sauce – 1 teas lemon juice – 1 teas brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 385 degrees F. Grease a 9” round baking pan. 2. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, thyme, sage, and black pepper in a large bowl. Work the butter in with your fingers until it’s mixed in and they are the size of small peas.
3. Add in the milk and mix until everything is just moistened. 4. On a clean work surface, sprinkle a little flour. Turn the dough out onto the work surface and form into a loose disc. Wrap and allow to rest for 10 minutes in the freezer.
5. Roll the dough out onto the work surface into a 10 x 14 rectangle 6. Spread Curly’s BBQ pork belly in the center, leaving a 1” board around the edges. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Roll up using the long edge to form a tight roll.
7. Cut the roll into 9 or 10 equal portions, place into the prepared pan. 8. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining cheese immediately.
9. For the sauce: Add all of bbq sauce ingredients to a food processor, pulse until smooth. Store for 2 days in an airtight container if making ahead of time. Allow to warm before serving. 10. Serve the pinwheels with the bbq sauce for dipping or drizzle over top.
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!