Maryland Crab Cakes Recipe
Ingredients – lump crabmeat – milk – saltine crackers – scallions minced – unsalted butter melted – egg yolk – mayo – Dijon mustard – hot sauce – Old Bay seasoning – lemon wedges
1. Combine crabmeat and milk in a bowl and soak. Drain and press out excess liquid. Lay crab on a paper towel lined plate and pat dry. 2. Combine the scallions, butter, egg yolk, mayo, hot sauce, and Old Bay. Fold in 3 tbs of the crushed crackers and the crab meat.
3. Form the mixture into 2 large portions. Press the bottom flat and leave the topped domed. 4. Press the crab cakes into the crumbs to coat the top and bottom. Arrange on a plate cover, and place in the fridge.
5. When ready to cook, preheat the broiler with the rack positioned about 6″ away from the element
6. Grease an oven safe skillet or baking dish with the remaining 1 teas butter and place the crab cakes in the pan. Broil until golden brown on top
7. Serve with lemon wedges and desired sauce if needed.
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!