Grilled Lamb Chops with Lavender Salt
Ingredients – 2 lbs green cabbage. cored and cut into 1″ pieces – 3 tbs vegetable oil – salt and pepper – 2 onions minced – 3 garlic cloves minced – 1 tsp ground ginger – ½ tsp ground cinnamon – ¼ tsp ground nutmeg – 3 tbsp flour – 28 oz tomato sauce
– ¼ cup packed brown sugar – 3 tbsp red wine vinegar – 2 slices white sandwich bread torn into quarters – ¼ cup whole milk – 1 lbs ground beef – 1 lbs bratwurst removed from casing – 2 cups cooked rice
1. Line your slow cooker with several layers of folded aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. 2. Heat the cabbage with 1 tbs oil and ½ teas salt in a large bowl in the microwave until softened.
3. Heat the remaining 2 tbs oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and cinnamon, and nutmeg. 4. Cook stirring often, until onions are beginning to brown. 5. Place half of the onion mix in a large bowl.
6. Add the flour to the skillet with the remaining onion mixture and cook for 1 minute. 7. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, and vinegar. Scrap up any browned bits if needed. Season with salt and pepper, let sit for a few minutes on low. 8. When cool enough to handle, add bread and milk to the bowl with the onions.
9. Mash with a fork to form a paste. Mix in the beef, bratwurst, and rice. Season with salt and pepper. 10. Spread ½ cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the foil lined slow cooker. Add ⅓ of the meat mix and top with ⅓ of the cabbage. Repeat 2 more times.
11. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. 12. Remove the foil and allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!