Grilled Coffee Crusted Flank Steak Salad
Ingredients – 4 slices bacon cooked, fat reserved – 2 lbs flank steak – 2 tbs steak house coffee rub – salt and pepper – 2 to 4 tbs olive oil – 2 heads Romaine lettuce washed and sliced in half – 1 avocado sliced in half – ½ cup cherry tomatoes – ½ red pepper – ¼ red onion – ½ cup mushrooms – 2 scallions green part only – fresh cilantro
For the Honey Lime Vinaigrette – 2 tbs local honey – 1 lime zested and juiced – 1- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar – ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbs bacon fat – salt and pepper to taste – red pepper flakes to taste
1. Prep your salad and steak. Everything fires while the steak rests for perfect timing to serve as a whole platter to let your dinner guests create their own plates.
2. Rub the steak with a thick coat of the coffee rub. Grill, a temp of about 140 for medium rare, flipping once half way through. Wrap in foil and allow to rest.
3. Rub the sliced avocado and Romaine lettuce in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the cool side of the grill and grill until nice and charred on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together in a large bowl, season to taste, and toss the sliced tomatoes, peppers, onion, and mushrooms in the vinaigrette.
5. Arrange grilled vegetables to a large platter, top with the sliced veggies, and vinaigrette. Slice the flank steak, and place over the salad. Sprinkle with crushed bacon, scallions and cilantro for a pop of color. Serve and allow people to create their own platter.
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!