Beginner Dry Rub Smoked Pork Ribs
Ingredients – 2 to 4 racks pork ribs Baby backs or St. Louis Style – 1 cup spice blend of choice – use something with a hint of heat and a hint of sweet for a classic hit – *additional salt if needed for the blend – 1 cup apple cider vinegar – 2 cups barbecue sauce* if desired
1. Prep your ribs by removing from the packages, patting dry and arranging on a clean flat work surface. Remove the membrane along the back of the ribs.
2. Rub the ribs in a heavy coating of the spice mixture, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for one hour.
3. Preheat grill for indirect heat and the others to low. Set the grill to maintain a heat around 225/250 degrees F. Arrange a small aluminum pan with a bit of water in it off on to the side.
4. When the grill is ready, arrange the ribs, bone side down over the indirect heat. Cover and let grill for 45 minutes.
5. Spritz the ribs quickly with a light coasting of the apple cider vinegar and close the grill again. Allow the ribs to continue cooking, spritzing as you feel needed.
6. At this point, if you are going to use sauce, quickly baste the ribs in sauce and fire over high heat to get a nice sear 7. Rest the ribs for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!