This site is all about elevating your inner meat connoisseur. Taking your grill game to the next level. Learning how to tell when beef is just right. Brining, smoking, and stuffing. And I plan to introduce you to recipes featuring a variety of techniques and tips. But sometimes, you are stuck in jury duty for a week, it is stupid cold and all you want to do is come home and sit on your butt. And you can’t even do that because there are the normal things to be done and the last thing you want to do is play check the chicken in sleet because you have yet to break down and bust out the winter coat.
Check out the sweet heat Tonguespark Spice Co brought to the table. Alternatively you could find a bourbon dry rub in most grocery spice aisles.
- 3 lbs flat cut beef brisket
- 4 tbs Smokey Bourbon Seasoning*
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- Toasted rolls, cheese, red onions for serving
- Coat the brisket generously with the seasoning mix. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge over night.
- When ready to cook, place all ingredients (brisket fat side up) in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 9 to 10 hours, until brisket shreds easily with a fork. Carefully remove the fat from the top of the brisket, discard, and shred the meat. Return to slow cooker and toss, adding more barbecue sauce as needed to coat.
- Serve as messy sandwiches on toasted rolls with melted cheese and red onions.