Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki. A couple minutes of forethought and a warm delicious meal is magically ready hours later. This is good.
We can pretend that busting out the slow cooker means that you are a planner. A thinker. A hipster with big googly eyeglasses that serve no function but look really bad ass with that cardigan and skinny jeans all down with the jive and cool kids and their iPads. We can pretend that being a slow cooking master makes you a braising expert and a culinary time managing genius.
We can pretend a lot of things (and who knows, maybe all of the above is true), but let’s be real. Some times a slow cooker and some whatever is hanging out in the fridge is exactly what the doctor ordered on a busy weekday morning hustle and bustle ten minutes late out the front door dinner on the table like whoa. Yeah, sometimes, it just fits the bill. Today is one of those times.
Raise a glass to yourself. Your wild and crazy dinner prepping skills live to see another day.
More Recipe Ideas:
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 ½ lbs bone in chicken thighs
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 8 oz snow peas
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Whisk the marmalade, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and garlic together and stir in the onion.
- Pour marmalade mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving, add the broccoli, pepper, and snow peas. Cover and cook on high until veggies have steamed, about 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice with scallions.