This Slow Cooker Shredded Barbecue Brisket is the perfect go-to meal for when you need to bring that signature BBQ flavors indoors. Savor it in a soft roll. Or, try it on nachos, baked potatoes, or grilled dogs!
This site is all about elevating your inner meat connoisseur. Taking your grill game to the next level. Learning how to tell when beef is just right. Brining, smoking, and stuffing. And I plan to introduce you to recipes featuring a variety of techniques and tips. But sometimes, you are stuck in jury duty for a week, it is stupid cold, and all you want to do is come home and sit on your butt. And you can’t even do that because there are the normal things to be done, and the last thing you want to do is play check the chicken in sleet because you have yet to break down and bust out the winter coat. So, in comes the slow cooker.
Yup. It’s been that kind of week.
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Shredded Barbecue Brisket recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 3 lbs beef brisket flat cut
- 4 tbsp Smokey Bourbon Seasoning*
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 12 Toasted rolls cheese, red onions for serving
- Coat the brisket generously with the seasoning mix. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge over night.
- When ready to cook, place all ingredients (brisket fat side up) in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 9 to 10 hours, until brisket shreds easily with a fork.
- Carefully remove the fat from the top of the brisket, discard, and shred the meat.
- Return to slow cooker and toss, adding more barbecue sauce as needed to coat.
- Serve as messy sandwiches on toasted rolls with melted cheese and red onions.