Instant Pot Mississipi Pot Roast
The classic Mississippi pot roast gets a major time-saving update by putting the pressure cooker to work!
- 1 cup Head Country All Purpose Marinade plus ½ cup
- 3 lbs chuck roast beef
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Onion flake
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Parsley
- ½ tsp Chives
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- ¾ cup Pepperoncinis sliced
Marinate the Beef
In a gallon-size resealable bag, pour the Head Country All Purpose Marinade over the beef.
Mix it around to coat well.
Seal the bag and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.
Sear the Beef
When ready to cook, remove the beef from the marinde and pat dry.
Season the beef liberally with salt on all sides.
Set your Insta-pot to the Sear setting and add the oil.
Add the beef and brown on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Add the onion flakes, garlic, black pepper, parsley chives, and beef broth.
Top with the pepperoncinis.
Let the beef rest for 5 minutes.
Using 2 forks, shred the beef in the juices, discarding any large portions of fat, if needed.
- If the beef is not easily shredding after 45 minutes, reseal the pressure cooker and cook for another 10 minutes, until easily shredded with two forks.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge with the juices for up to 4 days.
- Reheat by spooning out the desired portion and heating in a skillet over low heat or in a microwave in 30-second bursts.
- Bonus, leftovers make great shredded beef sandwiches on hearty hoagie rolls.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 2091mg | Potassium: 689mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 4mg