Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package Wild Garden Persian Marinade
- 3 lemons divided
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 red pepper stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 orange pepper stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 green pepper stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 pint mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 14.5 oz can artichoke hearts quartered, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teas oregano
- 1/4 teas basil
- 1/4 teas red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teas cardamom
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 package Wild Garden Couscous
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Few sprigs fresh parsley oregano, and thyme, minced for garnish
- Bib lettuce or Pita for serving
Pat the chicken dry and place in a resealable container, coating the Wild Garden Persian Marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
When ready to grill, clean the grates and allow the grill to heat.
Grill the chicken over indirect heat until an instant read thermometer reads 160 flipping once halfway through.
Wrap in foil and allow to rest, allowing the temp to rise to 165.
Meanwhile, slice two lemons in half and char over the flame. Remove from heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, toss the onion, peppers, celery, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and olives in a large bowl.
When the chicken has cooked, give it a rough chop and mix it in with the vegetables. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
Whisk the oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, cardamom together in a small bowl. Squeeze in the juice from one lemon and add the olive oil. Stir to combine.
Cook the Wild Garden Couscous according to the package. And toss into the salad. Mix to combine.
Sprinkle with feta, and garnish with fresh minced herbs like parsley, thyme or oregano.
Arrange the fresh chicken salad on a platter with the charred lemon wedges. Serve with bib lettuce or pita pockets for serving as edible cups.
Calories: 2619kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 313g | Fat: 109g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 904mg | Sodium: 4152mg | Potassium: 7025mg | Fiber: 29g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 12920IU | Vitamin C: 683mg | Calcium: 477mg | Iron: 13.2mg