Thai Chicken Stew
Ingredients – 1 lbs carrots peeled and sliced into ¼″ cubes – 2 onions minced – 2 jalapeno chiles stemmed, seeded, and minced – 6 garlic cloves minced – 2 tbs minced fresh ginger – 3 tbs vegetable oil – 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth – 1 stalk lemon grass bottom chunk only, bruised – ¼ cup Minute tapioca – 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
– salt and pepper – 1 14 oz can coconut milk – 2 tbs fresh squeezed lime juice – 1 tbs fish sauce – 1 tbs Thai green curry paste – 1 tbs light brown sugar – 8 oz snow peas trimmed – ¼ cup minced fresh basil or cilantro – Limes wedges
1. In a medium, microwave safe bowl, microwave the carrots, onion, peppers, garlic, ginger and 2 tbs of vegetable oil for 8 to 10 minutes. Stop often to stir. Pour veggies into slow cooker.
2. Stir the broth, lemon grass, and tapioca into the slow cooker with the veggies. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
3. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place in a large bowl. With two forks, pull into bite sized pieces. 4. Skim the surface of the stew for any fat with a large slotted spoon.
5. Heat coconut milk in microwave, stir often until heated through. Mix in the lime juice, fish sauce, curry paste, and brown sugar. Stir into the stew. 6. In a bowl, steam the snow peas with the remaining 1 tbs vegetable oil in the microwave until tender. Return the shredded chicken and snow peas to the slow cooker.
7. Stir in basil or cilantro and serve with fresh lime wedges.
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!