Steamed Blue Crab
Ingredients – Old Bay – 2 – 4 beers plus more for socializing (I like a light beer for this) – water – 6 lbs Blue Crabs fresh, living and a little feisty
Instructions 1. Mix enough water and beer in the pot of the steamer to get a rolling boil as per the manufacturers directions for your steamer.
2. Arrange the crabs in a single layer in the steamer pot and sprinkle with a thick coating of Old Bay. Arrange another layer over top and repeat.
3. Place the steam pot over the boiling water and cover the lid tightly. You will be working in batches, so don’t try to fit them all in.
4. Steam the crabs until cooked through, checking after 15 to 20 minutes to see how things are going.
5. With the steamer pot carefully removed from the boiling water, pour out your first batch onto the table and begin the second batch for steaming.
6. Meanwhile, pick some crabs and Enjoy!
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!