Sausage with Roasted Cabbage and Butternut Squash Puree
Ingredients – ½ head of green cabbage – 1 butternut squash – 2 tbs olive oil – salt and pepper – 1 lbs sugar-free apple sausage – ⅓ cup mayo – ¼ cup Dijon mustard – 1 tsp coconut aminos – 1 tsp ghee – Fresh Thyme or Caraway seeds for garnish.
1. Preheat the oven to 450. 2. Slice the cabbage into wedges. Arrange in the center of a large foil lined baking tray.
3. Remove seeds and cut the butternut squash in half. Arrange on either side of the cabbage. 4. Drizzle olive oil over the cabbage and squash. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake for 20 min, Flip cabbage, nestle the sausages into the pan and roast for 20 minutes longer. 6. Whisk mustard, mayo, coconut aminos, salt and pepper, with the melted ghee in a small bowl to make the sauce.
7. Carefully scoop the roasted squash from the skin and puree with ghee.
8. Serve cabbage wedges and sausages over the butternut squash with a drizzle of the mustard sauce and fresh thyme or toasted caraway seeds.