Colorado Green Chili
Ingredients – ½ cup water – 3 lbs boneless pork butt – Salt – 2 lbs Anaheim chilies – 3 jalapeno chilies – 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes – 1 tbs vegetable oil – 2 onion chopped – garlic cloves minced – 1 teas ground cumin – ¼ cup flour – 4 cups chicken broth – Cayenne pepper – Lime
1. Heat a large Dutch oven. Add water, pork, and ½ teas salt. Cover and cook stirring every now and then. Increase heat to medium-high. Continue cooking stirring often, to brown pork. Transfer pork to a bowl and set aside.
2. Move oven rack to lowest position, set the other to the top position. Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with baking spray.
3. When peppers are cook enough to handle, peel skins from Anaheim's and place in a blander with the tomatoes 4. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
5. Heat oil in the Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, until tender and lightly browned. Stir in the garlic and cumin and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Keeping the skins on, stem and seed the jalapenos. Cut into small pieces and stir into chili. Season the chili with salt and cayenne pepper. Serve.
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!