Weeknight Easy Pan-Seared Chicken Thighs
Ingredients – 4 tbsp clarified butter, or ghee – 4 bone-on, skin on chicken thighs – dash salt – 2 cloves garlic minced – 1 handful fresh herbs sage, rosemary, tarragon, etc
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 2. Preheat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Peat the chicken dry and season liberally with salt and pepper. 4. Swirl 2 tablespoons of clarified butter over the pan to coat when hot. Add some chopped herbs to the pan.
5. Place the chicken in the pan. You should hear a nice sear. Allow to cook, without touching the chicken for 5- 7 minutes to allow the skin to get nice and crispy. Adjust heat as needed to not burn.
6. Flip the chicken and toss in the minced garlic. Add the remaining clarified butter, baste the chicken. Toss some more fresh herbs on top and carefully transfer to the oven to finish cooking.
7. If not at 165, allow the chicken to cook longer, as needed.Use an instant-read thermometer to check for a doneness temp of 165. 8. Serve with fresh herbs on top. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Swipe up for the Full Recipe!