Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Soup
-– 3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil – 1 lbs chicken diced into ½" pieces – 1 onion diced – 2 - 3 stalks celery diced – ½ cup flour – 1 tsp dry mustard – ½ tsp smoked paprika – ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
– Salt and pepper – 2 - 3 sprigs fresh thyme – 4 cups chicken broth low sodium – 1 cup milk – 1 - 2 heads broccoli chopped – 2 Yukon gold potatoes – 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar
1. Heat oil. Brown the chicken on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside. 2. Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the onions and celery until soft.
3. Sprinkle flour, mustard, paprika, red pepper flakes, and pinch of salt and pepper over top and cook. Add thyme. 4. Whisk in milk. Whisk in the remaining milk slowly so that no lumps form. Whisk in broth.
5. Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook. 6. Add in the broccoli and the reserved chicken, along with any juices, and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Lower heat to medium-low and stir in the cheese. Stir until melted. 8. Serve with a garnish of thyme and more cheese if desired.
Swipe Up For The Full Recipe!