This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Spice things up and feed them all with these Whole30 Approved Slow Cooker Spicy Ancho Pulled Pork Lettuce Cups with Grilled Pineapple. Set up a self-serve station family-style in the center of the table with bib lettuce and a variety of toppings for people to create their own.
Circle of trust time. I love pulled pork from the slow cooker.
Ok, I love pulled pork. I guess it really doesn’t matter how it came to be, cuz Lord knows, I am not going to turn my nose at some serious smoked and shredded tender pork either.
The slow cooker is my ace in the hole when I need to feed a crowd and have too many errands to fire up the smoker all day. It’s my go-to when I don’t want to think – which, let’s face it, happens sometimes.
We were out dining and I had a similar pork dish that inspired this recipe back home. I am still on that crazy Whole30 kick, so I wanted to make it compliant, no added sugars, grain, etc. without sacrificing flavor. Bam. The finished product was perfect for these lettuce cups and even better stuffed all up in a baked sweet potato as leftovers too.
Hell, I guarantee you’ll come back for another.
Betting I really won’t have to twist your arm to try this one.
Want more Whole 30 recipe inspiration? Try some of my favorites!
- Whole 30 Grilled Tri-Tip with Mushrooms
- Stuffed Pork Loin with Bacon and Mushrooms
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- Pan-Seared Salmon with creamed leeks
If you’ve tried my Ancho Pulled Pork or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below.
I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also join in on the adventures on Instagram @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Whole 30 Ancho Pulled Pork Lettuce Cups with Grilled Pineapple
- 4 lbs pork loin
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbs coconut aminos
- 2 tbs chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 1 orange 1/2 juiced 1/2 sliced
- 1 pineapple sliced
- 1 head bib lettuce
- Homemade guacamole sasla, and other desired toppings
For the Rub
- 1 teas salt
- 1 teas garlic salt
- 1 teas black pepper
- 1 teas paprika
- 1/2 teas ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teas cumin
- 1/4 teas white pepper
- Whisk the rub ingredients together in small bowl and rub all over the pork.
- Toss the onions and and garlic into the crock pot. Whisk in the pineapple juice, coconut aminos, and chipotle peppers in sauce (add a little more sauce if you like the heat).
- Nestle the pork into the crop pot and arrange orange slices over top, adding the juice over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, until pork shreds with a fork easily.
- When ready to serve, remove the orange slices and shred the pork in the slow cooker.
- Grill the pineapple until charred.
- Serve family style and allow people to make lettuce cups with pork, pineapple and desired toppings.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE