This Slow Cooker Pizza Supreme Dip is one you can have set and ready to toss into the slow cooker a day before.
I entertain all of the time. And really, I’m kind of good at it. But, wanna know my secret? I am the queen of prep. Anything and everything that can be done the day before is. Sure, homemade hostess with the mostess is a rock star the day of, but I am not a fan of getting up too early. And prepping veggies, browning meat, and staging the slow cookers for the day of are all little tricks I have learned along the way. 40 people over on a Friday night after work? I’ve got that. Super Bowl party for the whole block, why the hell not. This Slow Cooker Pizza Supreme Dip is another you can have set and ready to toss into the slow cooker a day before. Bam, they think you are a goddess of the culinary arts.
Go on, let loose your inner goddess.
Try these killer appetizers to throw out an epic spread that people will be talking about for years! (Or at least until your next party)
- Buttermilk Brined Grilled Chicken Wings
- Easy Chorizo Cheese Dip
- Smoked Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
- Philly Cheesesteak Fries
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Pizza Supreme Dip, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW MEon Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 8 oz hot sausage removed from casing
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper chopped
- 1 15 oz can pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni sliced thin and roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced thin
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese I used Cabot Cheese’s Tomato Basil for a little extra kick
For the Pizza Chips
- 2 pre-made pizza crust such as Boboli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground sausage until brown. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat and drain fat if needed.
- Stir in the onion, pepper, pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mushrooms. Spoon into a slow cooker and top with cheese. Cook on low heat for 4 hours, until heated through and bubbly. Serve with Pizza Chips.
For the Pizza Chips: Preheat the broiler. Slice the pizza dough into 16th’s, using whatever creative shapes or strips your artsy self desires. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cheese. Cook under the broiler until the cheese is melted and starting to brown and the pizza dough is toasted.
- Serve to dip.