With practice, the slow cooker can become the most beloved tool in your kitchen. This Chicken and Broccoli Sauce will delight you. Easy prep, simple instructions. Works done.
Some days nothing in the world sounds better than coming home and not having to cook yourself a meal. Who am I kidding, most days I don’t have the motivation to get all Julia Child after a long work day. That’s where my unadulterated love of slow cooker recipes comes in. The untrained slow cooker operator will think that they suck the joy from food, but with a little hands on training and prep, the slow cooker can become the most beloved tool in your kitchen (besides the meat grinder, because, let’s be honest, that thing just f’ing rocks). Easy prep, simple instructions. Works done.
And dinners on.
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 onion minced
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes found mine near the veggie section, patted dry, sliced thin
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp minute tapioca
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed if needed
- salt and pepper
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pasta and additional cheese for serving
- In a microwave safe bowl, toss the onions, 1/4 cup dried tomatoes, garlic, 1 tbs olive oil, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Microwave in short bursts, stirring as needed, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- In your slow cooker, stir the broth, wine, and tapioca together. Add the onion mixture.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- When ready, using two forks, carefully shred the chicken.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender. Add to the chicken mix along with the cheese and stir to combine. Serve over pasta