Quick and easy, this scallop gratin looks like a professional chef stopped by to dish out the dinner course. And it’s good. Because scallops. Hell yes.
Sometimes, it takes more than a great takeout pizza to impress. Because sometimes, you have to roll up your sleeves and light some candles. This dinner is quicker to make than it tastes. And doesn’t take any rocket science. Lucky for you, it looks like a professional chef stopped by to dish out the dinner course. And it tastes like it too. Whatever it takes to get the job done. Make sure that even on those quick and easy pizza nights, your hard work is still appreciated.
Now, go show ’em what you’re made of.
If you’ve tried my Scallop Gratin recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 6 garlic cloves grated or minced,
- 2 medium shallots minced
- 4 slices bacon cooked until crispy, and minced
- small handful of fresh parsley minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko
- 6 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 lbs fresh bay scallops rinsed and patted dry
- lemon and fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer), beat the butter with the garlic, shallows, bacon, and parsley.
- Drizzle in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Scrape down the sides and with the mixer on low, drizzle in the olive oil.
- Scrape down the sides and fold in the panko. Set aside.
- Set a 4 gratin dishes out and divide the wine equally in each. Divide the scallops between each dish.
- Spoon the panko butter mix over the top and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- If you would like more golden, turn the broiler on for a minute or two.
- Serve immediately with lemon and top with fresh parsley.