With a layer of refried beans, fresh salsa, and a few cracked eggs, this hearty wake-up call is perfect for those mornings when honey nuts just aren’t going to cut it.
There’s a time and place for all things. For sweet syrup and pastries, for big bowls of whole grain oats, for hearty oatmeal and for perfectly savory baked eggs. With a layer of refried beans, fresh salsa, and a few cracked eggs, this hearty wake-up call is perfect for those mornings when honey nuts just aren’t going to make it. With all the staying power of protein-packed eggs and a personalized kick of spice, this is where it’s at for those of us who rise on the meatier side. Salsa Baked Huevos.
Wake up to a little spice.
Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Perfectly Fluffy Scrambled Eggs with Bacon. But don’t let routine get in the way of a good time! These breakfast knockouts will have you reaching for your skillet, and excited for eggs again!
- BBQ Eggs Benedict with Pulled Pork
- Sous-Vide Steak and Eggs
- Whole 30 Grilled Harissa Baked Eggs in Avocados
If you’ve tried my Salsa Baked Huevos or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 14 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup fresh hot saslsa
- 3 – 4 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a baking dish or if using a cast iron skillet ignore this step.
- Spoon the beans evenly over the bottom of the pan. Arrange the salsa on top, pressing with the back of your spoon to make small divots for the eggs to sit.
- Crack the eggs over the salsa and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 13 – 15 minutes, until the eggs are set and cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper and serve.