Need an Appetizer that will wow your crew? These Restaurant Style Chicken Flatbread Apps are sure to have them coming back for more.
Maybe it was the beer (or the martinis) we downed while awaiting our company and pre-gaming at the bar. But we felt like living on the edge and trying one of the campy themed appetizers from the greasy menu of the chain restaurant. It wasn’t our normal kind of watering hole. And we weren’t thrilled with the company. So, who could blame us (or the liquor) for going ahead and starting without them.
And maybe it was the martini’s, but the pre-packed molten hot microwaved appetizers placed before us really weren’t that bad. So I decided I could recreate them at home. Better.
If you’ve tried my Restaurant Style Flatbread Appetizer recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lbs chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup artichoke cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup chèvre
- 1 – 2 tbs milk
- 4 flatbreads
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Warm olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook through. Remove from skillet, cover, and set aside.
- Combine the chèvre with the milk and mix until smooth. Spread an even layer over each of the flatbreads.
- Top the flat breads with your choice of toppings. I did one with chicken and artichokes and the other with chicken. peppers, onions and black beans.
- Place the flatbreads on the prepared baking sheet and bake until cheese has melted and flatbreads are crispy, about 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.