Take out stir fry. I mean, does it really get any better than the aroma when you open that tiny white box? But, I’m cheap, so this is my made at home version.
Guilt food. Take out stir fry. I mean, does it really get any better than the aroma when you open that tiny white box? There’s something about the pleasure of sinking your fork into that and reruns of really crappy 90’s shows that is irreplaceable some nights. But, I’m cheap, and I have a serious conscious issues, so this is my version. Made at home, using up those veggies in the fridge, and over brown rice…. Perfect for two. Orange Chicken Stir Fry. And hey, It’s almost healthy.
And almost healthy is a lot better than you are going to get at any take out place.
Who doesn’t love take-out? Try these fake-out take-out masterpieces I have created!
If you’ve tried my Quick Orange Chicken Stir Fry Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2 teas vegetable oil
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast diced into 1″ pieces
- ½ cup snow peas
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teas cornstarch
- 1 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teas honey
- ¼ teas freshly grated ginger
- small handful of cashews
- rice to serve with
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbs vegetable oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the carrot and celery and cook about 2 minutes.
- Carefully add the remaining vegetable oil and chicken. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, shaking the pan or stirring often. Add the snap peas and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes too.
- Meanwhile, whisk the orange juice, cornstarch, soy sauce, honey, and ginger together in a bowl.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the orange juice mixture to the pan and toss to coat. Cook one minute then remove from heat.
- Serve over fresh rice.