Creamy Skillet Corn. Quick, easy, and packed with flavor. And Bacon. Yup. This is what side dishes aspire to be.
It’s cool, we are comfortable enough now can have that moment together where we sit back and admit that every now and then dinner is downright lazy. Sure, slow smoked ribs may be a 24 hour affair. Sausage making an afternoon spent grinding meat. And, we’ll never forget those hours spent making sure all the mops, rubs, and cuts are just perfect. So once in a while, it’s all good if the side dish is simple and easy.
Especially if it’s packed with this kind of flavor.
If you’ve tried my Creamy Skillet Corn recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 5 strips bacon cut into 1/2" strips
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- dash red pepper flakes
- 4 wedges Queso Fresco & Chipotle or 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 - 5 tbsp Mexican crema or sour cream
- 2 scallions diced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Wipe the pan with a paper towel, but leave a little bit of bacon grease still in the pan. We're going for flavor here.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the shallot. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add corn, paprika, cumin, red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese and crema. Stir until cheese has melted and everything is creamy and smooth.
- Add the bacon back to the skillet and stir in the scallions. Serve.