This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
This recipe for pork and pineapple tacos is weeknight quickie for busy families, punched up with bright textures from the pineapple and simmer of chipotle peppers.
Tacos are right up there with burgers on my happy list. Because you just can’t not love them and hang out in the cool kid lounge. They are perfectly proportioned little bites of awesome. So awe-inspiring, that once a week the world celebrates their impressiveness. Seasoned and stacked high with fun ingredients, therefore, the possibilities are endless. This recipe for pork and pineapple tacos is a weeknight quickie for busy families, punched up with bright textures from the pineapple and simmer of chipotle peppers. Have no fear. They weren’t overly spicy or hot, making them perfect for the adventurous family looking to zest up their recipe rotation. And, they are tacos. Win, win!
Let’s ramp up some flavor and kick up a little weeknight fiesta.
If you’ve tried my Pork and Pineapple Tacos recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Tacos are my happy place. From the super simple, to the loaded twisted tacos you’ll find on this site. I want all of them. Try these out next Tuesday! Do it!
Pork and Pineapple TacosPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless country style pork ribs cut into 1/4" slices
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pineapple cored and diced into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 2 tbs minced chipotle chile peppers in adobe sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Corn tortillas warmed
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Add the pork to the skillet and cook until no longer pink, turning as needed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbs oil to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the onion and cook until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin, cook 30 seconds.
- Add the pork and any juices back to the pan with the pineapple, pineapple juice, and chipotle pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until thickened and the pork is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, stir in the cilantro and season as needed.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE