This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
This recipe for poblano sausages grilled and served over a market-fresh creamed corn and pasta makes a summer guilty indulgence look pretty darned good.
Sometimes you just need a little creamed corn. It’s as simple as that. But when you make creamed corn look this sexy, suddenly that boring can a la Green Giant doesn’t look half as appealing. This recipe for market-fresh poblano sausages grilled and served over a market-fresh creamed corn and pasta concoction makes summer guilty indulgence look pretty darned good. If you get a large stash of corn before the sweet season is over, make sure to prep and freeze it. If you aren’t lucky enough to have someone show up with a sack of corn, use the frozen kernels. This is a judgement-free zone.
Now, bring on the fresh for dinner.
Looking for some more east dinners? These should hit the spot!
- Easy 30 Minute Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
- Easy Meat Sauce
- Quick and Easy Banh Mi Recipe with Quick Pickled Veggies
If you’ve tried my Poblano Sausage with Creamed Corn over Pasta Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Poblano Sausage with Creamed Corn over Pasta
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs fresh fire roasted poblanos and corn sausage
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn
- 8 oz dried pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 teas freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups torn arugula
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese grated, for topping
- Grill the sausage until cooked through. Wrap in alumiunum foil and keep warm while you prepare the creamed corn.
- Remove the husks and silks from the corn and cut the kernals from the cobs.
- In a large pot of salted water, boil pasta according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, prepare the corn. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast the pine nuts for 2 to 4 minutes, until toasted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Swirl the olive oil in the pan to coat. Add the corn kernals, tomatoes, and shallot. Cook until just browning, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring as needed. Add the light cream and pasta water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Reduce heat and allow to cook until thickened 5 minutes longer.
- Toss the drained pasta into the sauce and add the arugula.
- Slice the sausage thin and add it, as well as any accumulated juices to the corn mixture.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese on top and a sprinkle of the toasted pine nuts.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE