This Pesto Chicken Salad makes a killer sandwich. Or pile it on top of a salad if you’re looking to cut the carbs out. Either way, you’re going to be making this one every week.
Some times you need to forget what the social norms are, forget about what’s fresh and in season and bring a little bit of summer into your home – especially when winter is hanging around like the worlds most awkward break up where one of you has long since moved on and the other is still playing house. Break up with winter once and for all – seal the deal with this fresh light chicken salad.
Get the hint.
If you’ve tried my Pesto Chicken Salad for Two recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Over the top sandwiches and burgers are totally my jive. Check out these creations! You can’t stop at one bite.
- 2 chicken breasts grilled, cooled and coarsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon cup pesto
- 1 to 2 tablespoon mayo
- ¼ onion diced
- ¼ red pepper diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices bread lettuce, sandwich fixings - tomato, cheese, bacon, etc
- In a bowl stir together the Greek yogurt, pesto, mayo in a bowl together.
- Toss in the chopped chicken, onion, celery, and pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken salad on bread with desired fixings. Toast if desired.