It’s all about the perception of healthy. Some days, you have to take those incisors and chow down on something fresh and popping with color, while not losing your mind during the phase of dieting. This recipe for Mexican tuna salad stuffed inside grilled avocados is perfect for that. It’s bright, it’s green, and you could even serve it with lettuce.
See, and you thought this carnivore didn’t care.
- 16 oz can tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 mango chopped
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup salsa
- dash of Tabasco
- 2 tbs taco seasoning
- 2 tbs mayo
- salt and pepper
- 1 teas lime juice
- 3 avocados cut in half and pitted
- Whisk the mayo, with the salsa, Tabasco, taco seasoning, and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss in the tuna, mango, onion, pepper, and beans. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium high. Oil the grate, place the avocado on the hot grill, cut side down, and grill for 5 to 7 minutes, until good grill marks appear and avocado is heated and soft.
- Spoon heaping portions of the tuna salad into the avocados and serve.