Need a great recipe to have at a cookout or carb-out? Try this Mac and Cheese Weenie Roast! It is a creamy mac and cheese on a bun, with a grilled weenie and chips on top!
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to stand near a grill and occasionally flip meat. Just like adding macaroni and cheese to a bun isn’t really a recipe. But every now and they you have to praise the little shit. And sometimes adding carbs to carbs and topping it off with a fire roasted chipotle weenie is the way to go. Nothing fancy. Nothing challenging. Just down home food. And push comes you shove, your nieces and nephews are probably going to love you. The rest of your family may think you’re a bit immature, but who cares about them any way.
Go on, put some cheese slathered pasta on that bun and give yourself a pat on the back.
Mac and Cheese Weenie Roast
- 1 recipe extra cheesy mac and cheese which is a staple in our house, so there is always some whipped up and ready to reheat in the fridge
- Package of hot dogs I really wanted plain old fashioned ‘Merican hot dogs. But these chipotle sausages caught my eye and I got distracted.
- Chips ketchup, pickles, baked beans. (yeah, go on, stir it all up in there)
- Grill weenies over medium high heat on a grill until cooked through. (I like mine extra done.)
- Meanwhile, toast the buns and reheat the macaroni and cheese. If your recipe get’s too dry while reheating, stir in a little milk.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese onto buns and top with franks. Serve with fixings.