Ready for some serious fake-out take-out? You’re gonna make this one every time you have leftover rice.
Grab some chopsticks and impress me with your mad skills, because I have a simple bowl of flavor awaiting you. It’s all the things that are right with a big bowl of comfy. Better yet, it’s a fantastic use of leftovers. Get ready, this is some serious comfort food. Some fake-out take-out. And you know what, when you make this Ham Fried Rice, it’s like half of the guilt.
And we all need a little less guilt.
Leftovers have you bored? I’m here to lend a hand. Try these recipes to shake up your reheating habits!
- Leftover Smoked Chicken Nachos with Mango Salsa
- Leftover Smoked Turkey Sandwich
- Leftover Carnitas Latin Potato Power Bowl
- 10 Ideas for Leftover Ham… that don’t suck.
If you’ve tried my Ham Fried Rice, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- ½ onion diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 cup cooked ham diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 cups leftover cooked rice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- Beat the eggs and set them aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium -high heat. Fry the onion and pepper for 5 to 7 minutes until soft. Spoon the veggies on to a platter and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs in the now empty pan. Add the veggies back to the pan. Toss in the carrot, ham, frozen peas and rice to the pan.
- Season with the soy sauce and salt and pepper if needed. Cook, stirring often, until the peas and rice are heated through.