Grab some chopsticks and impress me with your mad skills, because I have a simple bowl of flavor awaiting you. It’s all the things that are right with a big bowl of comfy. Better yet, its a fantastic use of leftovers. Get ready, this is some serious comfort food. Some fake out take out. And you know what, it’s like half of the guilt.
And we all need a little less guilt.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 cup cooked ham diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups leftover cooked rice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- Beat the eggs and set them aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium -high heat. Fry the onion and pepper for 5 to 7 minutes until soft. Spoon the veggies on to a platter and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs in the now empty pan. Add the veggies back to the pan. Toss in the carrot, ham, frozen peas and rice to the pan.
- Season with the soy sauce and salt and pepper if needed. Cook, stirring often, until the peas and rice are heated through.